Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Afghan Project Pattern #112114 - Joining First 2 Strips of 3 Together

by M. J. Joachim

Post #3 of Afghan Pattern in the Making. Please see Post #1 and Post #2 for previous pattern instructions.

Use Color C

Match right sides together to join strips. You will be joining the long sides of each rectangle together

Step 1: Join Color C to end corner stitch of both rectangles; Chain 1, make 1 single crochet in same stitch

Step 2: Make 1 single crochet in each stitch across, matching and joining both rectangles together. Finish by making 1 single crochet in only the 1st stitch of the corner stitch of each rectangle together, leaving the other 2 stitches in each rectangle untouched.

I’ll be joining the 3rd strip to make my 9-patch in the same manner. Like in Post #2, I will not be finishing off when I do so, and am in the process of making the border pattern for the completed 9-patch, which will be 1 large square. These squares will then be joined together to make the completed afghan. (At least that’s what I’m leaning toward as I continue designing this pattern.)

Another thought has crossed my mind for this afghan, but I’m not sure if I’m going to do it yet. I’m considering making each 9-patch with the same type yarn, in different coordinating colors. This is still up for debate in my brain, and only time will tell if I do so. I’ll be back real soon with the rest of the 9-patch, so you have all the instructions you need to make your own 9-patch squares. Future posts will include joining 9-patch squares together and making a final border on the afghan. Please stay tuned.

For those who celebrated the Thanksgiving holiday last week, I hope it was truly wonderful. We hosted a lot of family and had a blast. For the record, bbq turkey is positively scrumptious!

Happy stitching everyone!

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved Photo credit: M. J. Joachim ©2014 All Rights Reserved