Wednesday, April 9, 2014

V-Stitch with Triple Crochet Shells

By M. J. Joachim

The V-Stitch with Triple Crochet Shells pattern is fairly easy. It can be used for lots of different things, including clothing, tablecloths, lamp shade overlays and pretty afghans.

V-Stitch = (1 dc + 2 chain + 1 dc) Triple Crochet Shells = 5 triple crochet stitches

Foundation: Make a multiple of 5 chain (+6 more chain stitches)

Step 1: Make (1 dc + 2 chain + 1 dc) in the 8th chain from your hook

Step 2: Chain 3, make (1 dc + 2 chain + 1 dc) in 5th chain from hook

[Repeat Step 2 across row to last 3 chain stitches; chain 2, make 1 dc in last chain]

Step 3: Chain 4, turn; make 5 triple crochet in chain 2 space between dcs of V-Stitch

[Continue making Shells in each chain 2 space between dcs of V-Stitches across row. Complete row by making 1 triple crochet in 3rd chain from hook, after last dc in last V-Stitch.]

Step 4: Chain 5, turn; make V-Stitch in 3rd triple of next group of 5 triple crochet stitches – (center stitch of shell)

Step 5: Chain 3, make V-Stitch in center stitch of next shell

[Repeat Step 5 to the last group of 5 triple, ending with chain 2 and 1 dc in top of turning chain

Repeat Steps 3 – 5 for pattern

I hope you enjoy this crochet stitch tutorial and find lots of good uses for it. Please remember, all copyright rules apply, but links to this post and any post on this blog are more than appreciated.

Thank you for visiting and commenting on Lots of Crochet Stitches.

M. J.

©2014 All Rights Reserved
Photo credit: M. J. Joachim ©2014 All Rights Reserved

5 comments:

  1. That's a really pretty pattern. I don't know if I'll ever have time to learn to crochet or knit. Maybe when the kids are grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very pretty. The same design I can knit but crocheting, I have never done. After reading the method written by you I feel inspired. I will make it and show it here. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to learn this craft, but never could. I tried. Your instructions make it look so easy. Thanks for visiting http://chiwawaluv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks a LOT like the baby blanket stitch I used for OYT's blanket...I was taught it by my sister-in-law and never had it written down. Wow, the time to knit right now would relieve a lot of stress...
    I just love coming here, even though I don't crochet. I think it's that I get another glimpse of my friend and her many facets ;-) including this utterly creative, crafty side.
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty pattern...I am going to make it miniature for my dollshouse beds

    ReplyDelete