Thursday, November 7, 2013

Snowflake Ornament 110713


By M. J. Joachim

You’re going to have to work a little bit for this pattern. I used 6-strand embroidery floss for my bells and 4-ply cotton yarn to attach my wooden beads for this pattern. Depending on colors you choose, this can be a snowflake, poinsettia or even a star to add to your tree. Mine reminds me of a poinsettia, which delights me no end, since I think poinsettias are positively gorgeous and look forward to seeing them every year at this time.
You will need:  2 colors of yarn – 1 doily thread or embroidery floss, the other 4-ply cotton yarn, 5 relatively large beads, appropriate crochet hooks
Step 1:  Make 5 bells from this pattern using Color A and smaller yarn, finishing on Step 9. Finish off.
Step2:  Using Color B (4-ply yarn), gather beads between bells, so they can be pulled through one at a time.
Step 3:  After pulling through 1st bead and bell, chain 1; repeat for all beads until you have 2 loops left on hook
Step 4:  Form a ring by joining to 1st bell; chain 20 to make hanging loop; join with last & 1st bell to secure. Finish off. Weave in loose ends.

 

I hope you enjoy this pattern as much as I did making it to share with you.
M. J.
©2013 All Rights Reserved – This is an original pattern created by M. J. Joachim. Links to this post are graciously appreciated.
Photo credit:  M. J. Joachim ©2013 All Rights Reserved
No part of this blog or pattern may be reproduced or copied for monetary gain without written permission. Thank you.