Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Crochet Fiber Arts


by M. J. Joachim
One of the things I love about crochet is that it can literally be used to create various types of artwork. Work is intense and often displays 3-D projects, glistening with intricate detail and worthy of wild acclaim.
Some of the pictures I found when searching for crocheted artwork include: sculptures of the human body, musical instruments and imagesfrom the sea.
Fiber art is a bit different from yarn bombing, however. Yarn bombing falls into the category of fiber art graffiti. What began in the Netherlands in 2004 as a fun way to use up leftover yarn, has become a worldwide phenomenon.
Which begs the questions…
What positively imaginative crochet project do you dream of making, and do you plan to make your dream come true?
Have you ever yarn bombed? If so, we want to hear about it.
If not, does yarn bombing intrigue you and would you ever do it, if given the chance?
Meanwhile, I’m up to my eyeballs preparing lots of new crochet patterns for the upcoming A – Z Challenge this spring. To date, I’ve finished 12 so far. I think you’ll be very happy with the theme I’ve chosen this year. I hope you’re participating too, so we can share the wonderful world of crochet with everyone!
Best to all!
Until next time, happy crocheting!
M. J.
Photo credit:  Fiets Wildbreien, Baykedevries, Creative Commons Attribution
©2013 All Rights Reserved