Monday, January 7, 2013

Fan Trellis Crochet Stitch Pattern


by M. J. Joachim
Fan Trellis Crochet Stitch Pattern
The fan trellis crochet stitch pattern is very easy to make. It only uses 3 basic stitches (chain, single crochet and double crochet). The combination of these stitches creates a lacy, yet solid, appearance. I could see this being used as a table runner, pillow top cover and even the center panel of a gorgeous pull-over sweater.
Foundation:  Make a multiple of 12 chain stitches (+7 more chain stitches)
Step 1:  Single crochet in 11th chain from hook
Step 2:  Chain 5, single crochet in 4th chain from hook
[Repeat Step 2 across foundation chain.]


Step 3:  Chain 5, turn; single crochet in 1st chain 5 space
Step 4:  Make 7 double crochet in next chain 5 space; single crochet in next chain 5 space
Step 5:  Chain 5, single crochet in next chain 5 space
[Repeat Steps 4 & 5 across row, making 1 single crochet in last loop of row. Chain 2; make 1 dc in 6th stitch past last single crochet of previous row.]


Step 6:  Chain 6, turn; make 1 sc in 2nd double crochet of next 7 dc stitch group
Step 7:  Chain 5, sc in 4th double crochet from hook
Step 8:  Chain 5, single crochet in next chain 5 loop; chian 5, sc in 2nd dc of next 7 double crochet stitch group.
[Repeat Steps 7 & 8 across row, ending with 1 single crochet in last chain loop.]


Repeat Steps 3 – 8 for pattern.
That’s all for now, kind followers. Until next time, happy crocheting J
M. J.
©2013 All Rights Reserved

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Thank you very much for sharing the pattern~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I thought this one was so neat. Thanks for stopping by, Nancy :)

      Delete
  2. Your stitches and tutorials are amazing! I've sat around for the past hour trying as many as possible. Some have a tripped me up, but I'm a fast learner. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such an encouraging and lovely comment! I'm thrilled that you enjoy my work. It's such a pleasure meeting you! :)

      Delete
    2. I actually searched for this page again in my history because something told me you are the kind of lady that would respond and sure enough, you did. That made me smile - knowing that I wasn't heaping praise on someone that's too busy to pay attention to their lowly readers (just kidding). It's a pleasure meeting you too and I look forward to learning more from you. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
    3. Have a beautiful day to you too :)

      Delete