Monday, December 3, 2012

Easy Crochet Star Motif 120312


by M. J. Joachim
Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight…
When you wish upon a star…
It came upon the midnight clear…
These are songs that were dancing through my mind, as I made this easy crochet star tutorial for you tonight J

Step 1:  Chain 2; make 5 single crochet in 2nd chain from hook; slip stitch into 1st sc made


Step 2:  Chain 1; single crochet (3 times) in each sc; slip stitch to 1st sc in round


Step 3:  Chain 1; single crochet in same place
Step 4:  Chain 6; working from 2nd chain from hook, back to center of star:
>>>make 1 slip stitch in 2nd chain from hook
>>>make 1 single crochet in next chain
>>>make 1 half double crochet in next chain
>>>make 1 double crochet in next chain
>>>make 1 triple crochet in next chain


Step 5:  Skip 2 single crochet in center of star; single crochet in next chain
[Repeat Steps 4 & 5, three more times]
Step 6:  Make 1 more star point (Step 4); join with slip stitch to 1st single crochet in round
Finish off. Weave in loose ends.

I also added the following motif tutorials to the Lots of Crochet Stitches website today:



That’s all for now, kind followers. Until next time, I wish you only good things J
M. J.

©2012 All Rights Reserved

5 comments:

  1. I came across your "star" on Pinnterst, I really like it and have been looking for one to use in my crochet projects. Thank you very much for sharing. hugs
    LindY G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy it :) Best of the New Year to you!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your star pattern, I am making a Dallas cowboy crocheted blanket and wanted to make it with blue and silver stars. Can you tell me what size crochet hook you used? Thanks, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, Heather, I don't remember. I made this star last December. My intent was to share a pattern, and let people adjust it according to their needs and projects. I imagine you would want to use a steel hook and fine crochet thread to applique stars onto a blanket. However, if stars are part of the actual pattern, you may want to use a traditional crochet hook, with whatever yarn you're already using to make the blanket. Either way, this pattern will work well. Good luck with your project. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun to make and share:)

      Delete
  3. Thank you thank you!!! This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete