Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Summer Crochet Projects - Winding Down

 While I wasn’t able to spend a whole lot of my summer crocheting, I did manage to complete 2 fairly significant projects I had begun earlier in the year.  The first is that huge chunky yarn blanket – you remember, the one without a pattern and nothing but my imagination to keep increasing it. Well, a minor dilemma soon gave way to the finished project. The blanket had far more width than height; consequently, it was short for anyone who might like to cuddle up with it, myself included, I’m afraid – and I’m rather short in the grand scheme of things.

Problem solved by adding a simple single crochet blanket cuff across the entire top border. Using my last three skeins of yarn, I crocheted the final border. I’m currently in the process of finishing off all my loose ends; as you can see, the project turned out rather large, so this could take me a while.

My second project is the cro-hook scarf I shared with you quite some time ago. It wasn’t brain surgery or rocket science – just a few rows here, a few rows there. Simplicity makes this scarf all the more pleasing to me. Some crochet patterns don’t need a lot of pizzazz to be beautiful  pieces anyone would be proud to wear or display.



As for my doily hat – presented in a previous post…

I gave it to my Mom for her birthday. She already has a few winter hats I’ve made, so I thought a summer hat might make her smile – especially one with so much intricate detail, which required so much time and effort to create. She’s a crocheter too, so I’m sure she appreciates the skill and work it takes to make such things.

That’s enough for now…

There’s more catching up to do in other areas, as this extremely hot and very rainy, monsoon season winds down in the beautiful Arizona desert.

Until next time then, I wish you well!
M. J.