Friday, May 18, 2012

Name that Stitch Contest #1



Update to post: May 24, 2012 - Contest Closed. Thanks to all who participated!

It’s Friday, and you’ve all managed to catch me playing with my yarn again today. The only trouble is that I don’t know what to call the stitch I’ve made. Your suggestions are encouraged and very much requested.

Also, if you like someone else’s suggestion, please reply on their comment, and I’ll tally up the suggestions to determine which ones get the top 3 votes just for fun. Then, next Thursday night, after everyone has had enough time to decide what to name this stitch, I will put all suggestions into a random drawing, and the winner will receive a special handmade dainty doily from yours truly. Colors of prize doily will be subject to what's available in my doily thread stash, and may or may not be different from the one pictured in my Dainty Doily post. 

I will post the winning stitch name, who suggested it and instructions about how to claim their dainty doily prize next Friday, May 25, 2012, right here on this blog.

Oh yes, one more thing…

You can vote up to 3 times. This is just in case anyone has more than one positively wonderful stitch name screaming from their voice box.

For those interested in making this stitch for a pattern, here are the instructions:

Step 1:  Chain 2 (counts as 1st chain 2); yo, insert hook in 2nd chain from hook and draw up a loop [twice]
Step 2:  Yarn over, draw through 2 loops on hook, chain 2 [3 times]
Step 3:  Chain 2 turn; yarn over, insert hook in 1st chain 2, yarn over and draw up a loop [twice]
Step 4:  Yan over, draw through 2 loops on hook, chain 2 [3 times]
{Repeat Steps 1 – 4 for pattern}



©2012 All Rights Reserved