Monday, March 26, 2012

Tulip Crochet Stitch


Tulip Stitch Variation 1
The tulip stitch is an easy stitch to make, as it consists of only chains, single crochets and double crochet stitches, ultimately giving the effect of “petals” lying down, and creating a delicate pattern in your crochet work. One of the things I like to do when using the tulip stitch is to weave ribbon through the openings to add interest to my project. I used the tulip stitch one time to make a pillow for a gift, and the contrasting light colored, satin ribbon with the soft, dark yarn was quite extraordinary. I’m including two variations in this post. Both are nice, and you can decide which works best for each of your individual crochet projects.







Tulip Stitch Variation 1
Foundation Chain:  Multiple of 4 (+4 more chains)
Step 1:  Make 3 double crochet stitches in the 4th chain from hook
Step 2:  Skip 3 chain, single crochet in next chain, chain 3, make 3 dc’s in same chain space
{Repeat Step 2 across row, ending with 1 sc in the last chain}
Step 3:  Chain 3, turn
Step 4:  Make 3 dc’s in the 1st single crochet
Step 5:  Single crochet in next chain 3 space, chain 3, make 3 dc’s in same chain 3 space
{Repeat Step 5 across row, ending with 1 sc in last chain 3 loop}
Repeat Steps 3 – 5 for pattern.

Tulip Stitch Variation 2
Tulip Stitch Variation 2
Foundation Chain:  Multiple of 4 (+5 more chains)
Step 1:  Make 3 double crochet in 5th chain from hook
Step 2:  Skip 3 chains, single crochet in next chain, chain 3, make 3 dc in same chain
{Repeat Step 2 across row, ending with 1 sc in last chain}
Step 3:  Chain 4, turn
Step 4:  Make 3 dc in 1st chain of chain 4
Step 5:  Single crochet in next chain 3 space, chain 3, make 3 dc in same chain 3 space
{Repeat Step 5 across, ending with 1 sc in last chain 3 space}
Repeat Steps 3 – 5 for pattern

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much expecially you describe the pattern and it is very important for me to learn how I ll make it. I am reading your blog very closer. Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad my blog is helpful to you, Beck. Thank you for being such a treasured follower of my blog. Wishing you only good things! M. J.

      Delete
  2. Hoy te encontre gracias a Pinterest y me encanta todo lo que haces. Te felicito!!!! Yo no tengo blog, pero me gusta ver todas las maravillas que tejen. Besitos desde Buenos Aires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I haven't been following you sooner! Your selection of sts is wonderful! I've looked and looked. I like pics and written instructions best so thank you!

    ReplyDelete