by M. J. JoachimUpdated 4/19/16
Half double crochet, abbreviated hdc, is a great stitch for making closed weave fabrics. It is a little bit taller than single crochet, which helps to produce projects quickly and easily. Two chain stitches are used at the beginning of each row in place of your first hdc.
1. Begin with your foundation chain plus one.
2. Wrap yarn behind and around your hook.
3. Insert hook in second chain from your hook.
4. Wrap yarn over your hook and pull it back through the chain. (3 loops on hook)
5. Wrap yarn over your hook and pull it through all 3 loops on the hook.
©2016 All Rights Reserved